By Anna V.
The best thing about childhood is that for most of us it’s one of the best times of our life. A time of getting acquainted with the world, having fun, and exploring through play. This is why the right toys are so important, especially for younger children. Wooden toys should definitely be a part of the every-day-life of our kids.
Back in the day, among the toys of our parents and grandparents were wooden toys, and there’s a good chance that they favored them. My father still remembers his rocking horse, and a large wooden fire truck he loved to play with. Maybe your older relatives have still some wooden toys from their childhood around their homes, still reluctant to part with them.
So why would natural wooden toys (those with a natural non-toxic finish) be a great choice when looking for toys for our little ones? The question in parts includes the answer.
1. I believe that if possible we should have our kids playing with natural non-toxic organic toys. Peace of mind for us parents. After all, what could be more important then the health of our children, right?
2. Wooden toys are more durable and sturdy, so they don’t break that easily and will stay with your kids for a long time.
3. The simplicity of wooden toys stimulates creative play. No bells and whistles, so your child imagines them (and often makes the sounds herself 🙂
4. The artisanship of wooden toys is often amazing.
5. The warm feel of wooden toys, so different from plastic and metal. The feeling when you touch the surface of a wooden toy, either finished or not.
6. No batteries are needed, so you don’t have to buy them.
7. Easy to recycle, since we’re talking natural, non-toxic.
Maybe you can think of even more reasons why natural wooden toys can be a great choice for our kids. Let us know in the comments, and have a wonderful day!
Find Wooden Toys right here at toys4mykids.com: